Annagh United Football Club was founded in 1963, hails from Portadown and plays its home matches at Tandragee Road, their home since 1983. Indeed when the club opened its new pitch, Northern Ireland footballing legend, the great George Best turned out in an Annagh United select side.
The club’s home colours have always been a mixture of red/white/black, with the current new Hummel ‘Team Spirit’ kit consisting of red/white/grey with sponsership provided by MET Mesh & NA Sports. Team training wear is sponsered by Brian McGurgan Insurance and Pro-Active Physiotherapy, Portadown.
Details for Annagh United Youth teams can also be found at:
In time for the beginning of the 2009 NI Womens Football Association League, local newcomers Portadown Integrated Ladies FC have recently signed up to use the club as their base for the season, adding another string to the bow of the expanding club.
Paul Matchet is in charge of the Annagh Reserve team and they play in the Mid Ulster Championship Reserve League. The Club also has an Under 18 Team which this year will play in the Mid Ulster Under 18 league.
The last 10 years have also brought some notable cup runs, none less than 2006-07 under the reign of Niall Currie, now boss at Ards F.C., when they reached the Mid Ulster Cup final against local senior club Newry City and the Belfast Telegraph Intermediate Cup Semi Final against Coagh United. Ironically, Annagh lost out to the latter team in the Bob Radcliffe Cup semi-final earlier in the season.
- Full Name: Annagh United Football Club
- Nickname: ‘The Annagh’
- Founded: 1963
- Ground: Tandragee Road, Portadown - Capacity 1250 (100 seated)
- Motto: Semper Sub Ponte - (Always Under The Bridge)
- Club Colours: (Home) Red shirts, red shorts, red socks, (Away) Blue shirts, Black shorts, Black socks
- Life Patron: Mr. Joe England
- Chairman: Brian McGurgan
- Vice-Chairman: Alan Flavelle
- Treasurer: Noel Walker
- Secretary: Noel Walker
- First Team Manager: Dean Smith
- Club Captain:
- Club Vice-Captain:
- Physio/Kit: Stevie Rice
- Team Attendant: Jason Hepburn
- IFA Championship Reserve League Team Manager/Coach: Paul Matchet
- Reserve Team Attendant: Ricky Johnston
- IFA Youth League Under 18’s Team Manager: TBC
- IFA Youth League Under 18’s Asst. Manager: TBC
- Portadown Integrated Ladies F.C. Manager: Gregory Summers
- Committee Members: Brian McGurgan, Alan Flavelle, Noel Walker, Raymond Smith, Nigel Armstrong, Stevie Rice, Stuart Grant.
- Players Committee 2011-12: Ciaran McGurgan, Dean Smith, Darragh Peden, Nathan Riddell